Summer Program for Students of Sophia University / Junior College Division at College of Micronesia
In order to provide any needed support, APIC`s executive director, former ambassador to the federated states of Micronesia, Mr. Shoji Sato and one other member went together with the group for the ten days.
The participating students attended classes at the College of Micronesia, stayed with local host families, went on field trips to see the remains of the Japanese rule during the early 20th century, and visited the Sakai Ambassador`s residence and received a briefing on the current state of affairs.
The Association for the Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development cooperation projects for the purpose of promoting international cooperation and deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
The following activities comprise the focus of the APIC mandate
1. Supporting development cooperation projects throughout the Pacific Island region
2. Supporting development cooperation projects throughout the Caribbean region
3. Organizing social meetings and symposia regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international cooperation
5. Supporting recipients of the "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training younger generations interested in international cooperation
APIC was established on September 8th 1975, for the pacific purpose of facilitating public understanding and cooperation on ODA through the provision of information regarding Official Development Assistance including ODA.
APIC was transformed into a general incorporated foundation following a legal revision on April 1st 2013, but still maintains its functions and activities according to its original mandate.
All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2008-2015, The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation.