6 journalists from the Pacific Islands and Caribbean visited Japan
1. List of participating journalists: here
2. Party's schedule (in Japanese): here
3. Journalist briefing and Farewell Dinner
On the last day of their official business, a group of 50 people, which included the journalists alongside other prominent figures, joined together at the Tokyo Club for a farewell dinner. APIC president Mr. Peter Sato, FPCJ director Mr. Kiyotaka Akasaka, and FPCJ board of trustee member Mr. Hatsuhisa Takashima each gave a brief speech, and the six participating journalists gave a short presentation on their impressions of Japan during their one week stay.
4. Article Publication
Each journalist drafted up articles on their stay in Japan to be published by their home media. One of the participating journalists, Mr. Amitabh Sharma, who is from Jamaica, wrote an article about trash, based on his visit to Corelex San-Ei Co., LTD, which is a major factory of toilet paper in Japan. His article can be read in the Jamaica Gleaner online site.(The other articles will be reported in the future.)
The Association for the Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development cooperation projects for the purpose of promoting international cooperation and deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
The following activities comprise the focus of the APIC mandate
1. Supporting development cooperation projects throughout the Pacific Island region
2. Supporting development cooperation projects throughout the Caribbean region
3. Organizing social meetings and symposia regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international cooperation
5. Supporting recipients of the "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training younger generations interested in international cooperation
APIC was established on September 8th 1975, for the pacific purpose of facilitating public understanding and cooperation on ODA through the provision of information regarding Official Development Assistance including ODA.
APIC was transformed into a general incorporated foundation following a legal revision on April 1st 2013, but still maintains its functions and activities according to its original mandate.
All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2008-2015, The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation.