A Dinner in Honor of Mr. Mitsuhiko Sakamoto
We invited representatives of companies and organizations that have been deeply involved in the scholarship. First, Mr. Yoshiyasu Sato, the President of APIC, introduced and gave thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Sakamoto. Then, there was a toast given by Mr. Toshiaki Koso, the Chancellor of Sophia School Corporation. During the dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Sakamoto enjoyed chats with the people who attended.
At the end of the dinner, Mr. Sakamoto expressed his appreciation for the dinner. Ms. Mary Helen Mori and Ms. Risa Oue, both scholarship students at the Sophia University, each presented a bouquet.
Through this opportunity, the participants recognized the importance of developing human resources in Micronesia in terms of promoting the international exchange of Japan and Micronesia.
The Association for the Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development cooperation projects for the purpose of promoting international cooperation and deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
The following activities comprise the focus of the APIC mandate
1. Supporting development cooperation projects throughout the Pacific Island region
2. Supporting development cooperation projects throughout the Caribbean region
3. Organizing social meetings and symposia regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international cooperation
5. Supporting recipients of the "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training younger generations interested in international cooperation
APIC was established on September 8th 1975, for the pacific purpose of facilitating public understanding and cooperation on ODA through the provision of information regarding Official Development Assistance including ODA.
APIC was transformed into a general incorporated foundation following a legal revision on April 1st 2013, but still maintains its functions and activities according to its original mandate.
All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2008-2015, The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation.