Pacific and West Indies Student’s Presentation & Farewell Party
A total of 16 students split into four groups to create a Powerpoint presentation about their experiences while in Japan. Each group prepared a unique presentation for the audience; some used only photos, some groups included movies to portray their month spent in Japan. A fun trip to Tokyo Disneyland, a delighted surprise in the high level of customer service, as well as the warm hospitality experienced in Japan were just a few highlights from the presentations. All students were handed a Certificate of Completion from APIC President Mr. Yoshiyasu Sato.
(Written by Saki Watanabe, intern)
The Association for the Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development cooperation projects for the purpose of promoting international cooperation and deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
The following activities comprise the focus of the APIC mandate
1. Supporting development cooperation projects throughout the Pacific Island region
2. Supporting development cooperation projects throughout the Caribbean region
3. Organizing social meetings and symposia regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international cooperation
5. Supporting recipients of the "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training younger generations interested in international cooperation
APIC was established on September 8th 1975, for the pacific purpose of facilitating public understanding and cooperation on ODA through the provision of information regarding Official Development Assistance including ODA.
APIC was transformed into a general incorporated foundation following a legal revision on April 1st 2013, but still maintains its functions and activities according to its original mandate.
All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2008-2015, The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation.