Interview with Mr. Mitsuhiko Sakamoto
Mr. and Mrs. Sakamoto talked with Ms. Oue about her hometown, Pohnpei and the time they visited there, and chatted about Japanese culture and four seasons. Ms. Oue was a bit tense at the beginning, but after talking for a bit with Mr. and Mrs. Sakamoto she seemed to begin to relax and enjoy her time talking with the family.
Mrs. Sakamoto presented a small Japanese tea ceremony with homemade Japanese sweets called wagashi, and gave a tour of their Japanese-style traditional garden and tea house. This was a great opportunity for Ms. Oue to see a different side of Japanese culture, and have first-hand experience of Japanese traditions. Ms. Oue was excited about having her very first view of cherry blossoms in Japan in the upcoming April. Mr. Sakamoto asked Ms. Oue to come again soon and hoped to see her doing well.
The Association for the Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development cooperation projects for the purpose of promoting international cooperation and deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
The following activities comprise the focus of the APIC mandate
1. Supporting development cooperation projects throughout the Pacific Island region
2. Supporting development cooperation projects throughout the Caribbean region
3. Organizing social meetings and symposia regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international cooperation
5. Supporting recipients of the "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training younger generations interested in international cooperation
APIC was established on September 8th 1975, for the pacific purpose of facilitating public understanding and cooperation on ODA through the provision of information regarding Official Development Assistance including ODA.
APIC was transformed into a general incorporated foundation following a legal revision on April 1st 2013, but still maintains its functions and activities according to its original mandate.
All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2008-2015, The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation.