The Association for the Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development co-operation projects for the purpose of promoting and enhancing ties to the international community, as well as deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
The following activities comprise the core of the APIC mandate:
1. Supporting development co-operation projects throughout the Pacific Island region
2. Supporting development co-operation projects throughout the Caribbean region
3. Organizing social meetings and symposiums regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international co-operation
5. Supporting recipients of the "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training younger generations interested in international co-operation
APIC was established on September 8th 1975, for the specific purpose of facilitating public understanding and co-operation on ODA (official development assistance) projects. APIC achieves this by providing information about ODA at an easily accessible level.
APIC transitioned into a general incorporated foundation following a legal revision on April 1st, 2013, but still maintains its functions and activities according to its original mandate.
The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC)
Japanese: 一般財団法人 国際協力推進協会
ippan zaidan hōjin kokusai kyōryoku suishin kyōkai
Kioicho Fukudaya Bldg. 3F, 6-12 Kioicho,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0094 JAPAN
(located inside Sophia University Yotsuya Campus Bldg. No.13)
Japanese: 〒102-0094 東京都千代田区紀尾井町6-12 紀尾井町福田家ビル3階
TEL: (+81) (0)3-5577-2900
FAX: (+81) (0)3-5577-2901
September 8th, 1975