The Association for the Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development co-operation projects for the purpose of promoting and enhancing ties to the international community, as well as deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
The following activities comprise the core of the APIC mandate:
1. Supporting development co-operation projects throughout the Pacific Island region
2. Supporting development co-operation projects throughout the Caribbean region
3. Organizing social meetings and symposiums regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international co-operation
5. Supporting recipients of the "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training younger generations interested in international co-operation
APIC was established on September 8th 1975, for the specific purpose of facilitating public understanding and co-operation on ODA (official development assistance) projects. APIC achieves this by providing information about ODA at an easily accessible level.
APIC transitioned into a general incorporated foundation following a legal revision on April 1st, 2013, but still maintains its functions and activities according to its original mandate.
The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC)
Japanese: 一般財団法人 国際協力推進協会
ippan zaidan hōjin kokusai kyōryoku suishin kyōkai
3-15 Kanda Nishikichō
Meitetsu Fudōsan Takebashi Bldg. 7th fl.
Chiyoda ward, Tokyo, Japan 101-0054
TEL: (+81) (0)3-5577-2900 FAX: (+81) (0)3-5577-2901
September 8th, 1975
4 minute walk from Takebashi Station, Tōzai line
Directions from Takebashi Station to APIC:
1. From Takebashi station, take exit 3b up to ground level. Follow the signs for the KKR Hotel Tokyo
2. Continue north towards Nishiki-bashi Bridge. Cross the bridge to "Nishiki-cho Kaigan" intersection
3. Cross the intersection to the right, then immediately again north. Walk around the left side of the corner building, and continue down the street
4. A parking lot will appear on the left-hand side; APIC is located in the building after the parking lot. There is a convenience store on the first floor; please proceed to the center of the building and take the elevator to the 7th floor
(All information is in Japanese)
Directors & Trustees
・List of Directors
・List of Trustees
・BOD Meeting Report
・Inventory of Property
《About APIC Supporting Membership》
APIC is currently looking for supporting members, both individual and corporate. APIC provides information regarding upcoming public events, including the monthly social meetings, to members. Please send a message to the following address for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENTS “The 364th Lecture Meeting Regarding Global Issues"
EVENTS “The 363rd Lecture Meeting Regarding Global Issues"
EVENTS “Federated States of Micronesia President Panuelo Reception"
EVENTS “APIC Congratulates FSM Ambassador Kasio Mida on Receiving Imperial Honors"
EVENTS “President of the Republic of Fiji and APIC President Sato Hold Talks"
EVENTS “Amacho & APIC Sign MoU"
EVENTS “Preliminary Research Conducted in Samoa"
EVENTS “Barbados Minister of Creative Economy, Culture and Sports Invitation Program"
EVENTS “Office Relocation"
EVENTS “Sophia University Micronesia Exposure Tour‘19"
EVENTS “The 361st Lecture Meeting Regarding Global Issues"
PROJECTS “Interview: Masato Honda, APIC Trustee (Toshin International Corp. Honorary Chairman)"
PROJECTS “Interview: NID Chairman & Top Advisor Mr. Kouichi Komori"
PROJECTS “Interview: University of the West Indies Alumni Dane Miller"
PROJECTS “Interview: APIC-MCT Exchange Students Bradford and Bertha"
PROJECTS “Interview: APIC Director and Outside Auditor of Ajinomoto, Hiroshi Murakami"
EVENTS “Yapp Catholic High School Invitation Program"
PROJECTS “Interview: Ryokichi Hirono APIC Trustee (Seikei Univ. Professor Emeritus)"
EVENTS “CARICOMM Marine Security Members Invitation Program"
EVENTS “The 359th Lecture Meeting Regarding Global Issues"
PROJECTS "Interview: Tsuda University President Dr. Yuko Takahashi"
PROJECTS "Interview: Kansai Gaidai University Professor Dr. Osamu Kataoka"
PROJECTS "Interview: APIC Director Isako Funaki (Chairwoman and Executive Director of Yacmo Co. Ltd.)
EVENTS “Young Leaders Invitation Program: Micronesia"
EVENTS “The 358th Lecture Meeting Regarding Global Issues"
EVENTS “The 357th Lecture Meeting Regarding Global Issues"
EVENTS “The 356th Lecture Meeting Regarding Global Issues"
EVENTS "Pacific Environmental Seminar Held in Samoa"
EVENTS “The 355th Lecture Meeting Regarding Global Issues"
EVENTS "Federated States of Micronesia Tourism Promotion Mission"
EVENTS “The 354th Lecture Meeting Regarding Global Issues”
EVENTS “Pacific and Caribbean Student Invitation Program 2019”
EVENTS “The 353rd Lecture Meeting Regarding Global Issues”
EVENTS “‛Island Sustainability Symposium' held at Sophia University”