The 3rd Xavier Exchange Student Attend the Entrance Ceremony
In cooperation with Sophia University, the Association for Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) established the “Xavier High School International Students Scholarship” in April 2014. APIC, Sophia University and Xavier High School signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in which Sophia University will constantly accept one international student from Xavier High School each year, designating the high school as its overseas affiliated school. This scholarship program was launched in order to assist the development of human resources in Micronesia (Republic of Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of the Marshall Islands) and to promote international exchange between Japan and Micronesia. Two students who graduated Xavier High School has already entered Sophia University and are now studying there.
The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development cooperation projects for the purpose of promoting international cooperation and deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
Specifically, APIC is engaged in these following activities.
1. Supporting development cooperation projects in the Pacific Island Region
2. Supporting development cooperation projects in the Caribbean Region
3. Organizing lecture meetings regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international cooperation
5. Supporting recipients of "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training young generations interested in international cooperation
APIC was established on 8th September 1975 for the major purpose of facilitating public understanding and cooperation on ODA through the provision of information regarding Japanese international cooperation including ODA.
APIC transferred into a general incorporated foundation due to the law revision on 1st April 2013, and is continuing its activities.
All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2008-2015, The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation.