A Dinner in Honor of Mr. Mitsuhiko Sakamoto
We invited representatives of companies and organizations that have been deeply involved in the scholarship. First, Mr. Yoshiyasu Sato, the President of APIC, introduced and gave thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Sakamoto. Then, there was a toast given by Mr. Toshiaki Koso, the Chancellor of Sophia School Corporation. During the dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Sakamoto enjoyed chats with the people who attended.
At the end of the dinner, Mr. Sakamoto expressed his appreciation for the dinner. Ms. Mary Helen Mori and Ms. Risa Oue, both scholarship students at the Sophia University, each presented a bouquet.
Through this opportunity, the participants recognized the importance of developing human resources in Micronesia in terms of promoting the international exchange of Japan and Micronesia.
The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development cooperation projects for the purpose of promoting international cooperation and deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
Specifically, APIC is engaged in these following activities.
1. Supporting development cooperation projects in the Pacific Island Region
2. Supporting development cooperation projects in the Caribbean Region
3. Organizing lecture meetings regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international cooperation
5. Supporting recipients of "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training young generations interested in international cooperation
APIC was established on 8th September 1975 for the major purpose of facilitating public understanding and cooperation on ODA through the provision of information regarding Japanese international cooperation including ODA.
APIC transferred into a general incorporated foundation due to the law revision on 1st April 2013, and is continuing its activities.
All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2008-2015, The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation.