Welcome Reception for the Pacific Islands Young Leaders
(The leaders being introduced by Mr. Shoji Sato, the Executive Director of APIC)
The following members were in attendance: Palau senate member Mr. Mason Webbs, CEO of the Palau International Coral Reef Center Dr. Yimnang Golbuu, Assemblyman Mr. David Panuelo from the Federated States of Micronesia, owner and partner of Ramp&Mida law firm from Micronesia Mr. Kembo Mida, Director of the Marshall Islands Environmental Protection Agency Ms. Mariana Fillipe, and the head of the Marshall Islands Water and Sewer Company Mr. Joseph Batol.
(Participants having chats)
(Mr. Yoshiyasu Sato and Mr. David Panuelo)
(Written by Haruka Matsukawa, intern)
The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development cooperation projects for the purpose of promoting international cooperation and deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
Specifically, APIC is engaged in these following activities.
1. Supporting development cooperation projects in the Pacific Island Region
2. Supporting development cooperation projects in the Caribbean Region
3. Organizing lecture meetings regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international cooperation
5. Supporting recipients of "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training young generations interested in international cooperation
APIC was established on 8th September 1975 for the major purpose of facilitating public understanding and cooperation on ODA through the provision of information regarding Japanese international cooperation including ODA.
APIC transferred into a general incorporated foundation due to the law revision on 1st April 2013, and is continuing its activities.
All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2008-2015, The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation.