6 journalists from the Pacific Islands visited Japan
1. List of participating journalists here
2. Party's schedule here (Japanese)
3. Journalist briefing and Farewell Dinner
On the last day of their official business, a group of 40 people, which included the journalists alongside other prominent figures, joined together at the Tokyo Club for a farewell dinner. APIC president Mr. Peter Sato, FPCJ director Mr. Kiyotaka Akasaka, and FPCJ board of trustee member Mr. Hatsuhisa Takashima each gave a brief speech, and the six participating journalists gave a short presentation on their impressions of Japan during their one week stay.
4. Article Publication
Each journalist drafted up an article on their stay in Japan to be published by their home media. One of the participating journalists, Mr. Giff Johnson, wrote an article titled “Japan integrates vision, technology, and determination”, in particular citing the city of Toyota as the model for this convergence. His article can be read in the Mariana’s Variety online site.
(The other articles will be reported in the future.)
Here is the complete Invitation Program:
The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development cooperation projects for the purpose of promoting international cooperation and deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
Specifically, APIC is engaged in these following activities.
1. Supporting development cooperation projects in the Pacific Island Region
2. Supporting development cooperation projects in the Caribbean Region
3. Organizing lecture meetings regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international cooperation
5. Supporting recipients of "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training young generations interested in international cooperation
APIC was established on 8th September 1975 for the major purpose of facilitating public understanding and cooperation on ODA through the provision of information regarding Japanese international cooperation including ODA.
APIC transferred into a general incorporated foundation due to the law revision on 1st April 2013, and is continuing its activities.
All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2008-2015, The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation.