Summer Program for Students of Sophia University / Junior College Division at College of Micronesia
In order to provide any needed support, APIC`s executive director, former ambassador to the federated states of Micronesia, Mr. Shoji Sato and one other member went together with the group for the ten days.
The participating students attended classes at the College of Micronesia, stayed with local host families, went on field trips to see the remains of the Japanese rule during the early 20th century, and visited the Sakai Ambassador`s residence and received a briefing on the current state of affairs.
The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) is engaged in various development cooperation projects for the purpose of promoting international cooperation and deepening mutual understanding between Japan and various countries.
Specifically, APIC is engaged in these following activities.
1. Supporting development cooperation projects in the Pacific Island Region
2. Supporting development cooperation projects in the Caribbean Region
3. Organizing lecture meetings regarding global issues
4. Organizing social meetings regarding international cooperation
5. Supporting recipients of "APIC-Sophia Xavier High School International Student Scholarship"
6. Training young generations interested in international cooperation
APIC was established on 8th September 1975 for the major purpose of facilitating public understanding and cooperation on ODA through the provision of information regarding Japanese international cooperation including ODA.
APIC transferred into a general incorporated foundation due to the law revision on 1st April 2013, and is continuing its activities.
All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2008-2015, The Association for Promotion of International Cooperation.